Front Door Doxologies - Track List
2000 - Spring
- The Front Door I - Lyrics + Liner Notes MP3 (3:34)
The first in a trilogy of neo-gospel songs centered around the subject of finding your faith (and ultimately your soul) within the context of this world. “Door I” is an allegory which likens the struggle for faith to finding a way into your own home.
- The Front Door II: Green Woods (Song for Robert Lowell) - Lyrics + Liner Notes MP3 (5:15)
The second of the trilogy, “Door II” explores the complex American poet Robert Lowell, both as a tribute to his amazing work and as a sympathetic observation into his undernourished spiritual side.
- Talkin’ Elastic Fantastic Savior Blues - Lyrics + Liner Notes MP3 (4:58)
A rather jokey blues rev-down with a serious undertow: that God doesn’t care about the brand name of your church.
- GiGo (Garbage In, Garbage Out) - Lyrics + Liner Notes MP3 (5:23)
Bizarre, baroque, hopeful, and soaring are just a few of the words one could use to describe this fast-moving, optimistic goulash to the Baby Jesus, self-help, David Mamet, “The Hollow Men”, and the Billy Goats Gruff.
- The Front Door III: Ordinary Time - Lyrics + Liner Notes MP3 (3:36)
More of a postscript than a third part of the trilogy, “Door III” nevertheless clocks in at about the same running time as “Door I”. "III”, though, has more to do with the downtime that comes between miraculous conversion and the beautiful reward, and how to enjoy God within the boredom of everyday life.